Who Needs Professional Liability Insurance?

a professional labority insurance form next to a pen and glasses
Who Needs Professional Liability Insurance?

Professional liability insurance, or errors and omissions, can help to protect your business against claims of negligence that’s related to a professional service that you provide. At Staples & Associates, we suggest that all small businesses that provide a professional service or give advice to clients, consider purchasing professional liability insurance.

Businesses that often choose to elect in professional liability insurance include:

  • Consultants
  • Attorneys
  • Engineers
  • Architects
  • Counselors
  • Accountants
  • Real Estate Agents

Types of Professional Liability Coverage

Professional liability insurance offers multiple coverages for small businesses, this includes:

  1. Alleged or Actual Negligence: This protects businesses against actual or alleged errors and omissions when they are providing professional services, such as giving incorrect advice or failing to deliver a service.
  2. Defense Costs: This provides legal defense when a claim is reported that is covered.
  3. Copyright Infringement: Provides coverage for damages or claims for copyright infringement.

It’s important to know that a general liability policy will not protect against the risks listed above. General liability coverage only protects against “third-party” damages that you’re responsible for, such as damage to property or a bodily injury. Professional liability will protect you from claims of neglect or professional errors.

Have questions? We can help! Click here to learn more about professional liability insurance, otherwise known as errors and omissions. Or Contact and Agent at Staples & Associates for more information on how to protect your business from allegations.

Get a free insurance quote thats works for you.

Insurance Product of Interest
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.